This article walks through a step-by-step example of emailing a completed set of forms in AutoContract-Gold (desktop) version 6 using web mail such as AOL, Juno, Gmail, Hotmail, MSN, or Yahoo.
Important: Before attempting to email with AutoContract, you should configure any firewall software that you may have to allow AutoContract access to the internet.
1) First you need to be in AutoContract with a working file open. Start by clicking on the ‘Mailbox’ icon found on AutoContract’s toolbar or click ‘File’ then ‘Send’ from the menu bar.
2) On the top left, select ‘Send using web based mail such as Yahoo’. Then click ‘Next’.
3) If you are sending a “Buyer’s Offer” and you have “Show Opt-In Screen” toggled “on” under your AutoContract ‘Preferences’ menu, you will see this screen next. You can “Opt In” and complete it, you can select “Don’t show this again”, or you can ignore it and click ‘Next’. Either way, click ‘Next’.
4) This screen confirms your selections. If you need to change them click the ‘Back’ button otherwise click ‘Finish’.
5) You are now prompted to save your work. Name the file anything you like, but do not change the extension. After naming your file, click ‘OK’.
6) If you have saved this file before, you will be prompted to replace the existing file. Click ‘Yes’ to continue.
7) After saving your file, a message titled “Email Body” will pop up. The message is explaining that the email content you need for your web mail is located on your system’s clipboard. Click ‘OK’.
8) You are done with the AutoContract Email Wizard at this point. Click ‘Exit’.
9) At this point you will need to create and send your email using your web based email application.
a. If you haven’t already, open your web browser and log in to your web mail application (example: AOL, Juno, Gmail, Hotmail, MSN, or Yahoo).
b. Create a new mail message.
c. Click in the body of your new mail message (where you would normally type your message), and then on your keyboard hold the <Ctrl> key down and press the <V> key. This will paste the contents of your system’s clipboard into the body of your new email.
d. You can now add the email addresses for who you are sending to, a subject, and send the email. You can add to or modify the body in anyway you like with the exception that the link should not be changed. This is the link on the AutoRealty server to your completed packet of form(s).
AutoContract-Gold (version 6)